Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DIY Masquerade Mask


It's almost Mardi Gras time, which always reminds of parties, beads, and masks.  This mask that I made was for a masquerade ball, but I figured it was a good time to share it.  Sadly, I did not take pictures of the process, so here is a brief step-by-step.
-Supplies: blank face mask, Lace trim, Sequin trim, Ribbons, Paint--and any glitter, sequins, feathers you want!
-My mask came gold, but if your's doesn't, paint it a base color.
-Then get creative decorating!  I started off using a thick lace trim to border the top half of the mask.
-The lace trim was too thick for the bottom, so I switched to a thinner sequin trim.
-Outlined the eye holes with black paint.
-Made a rose out of sheer ribbon, using intruction found here
-Where I was going to attach the rose, I first pasted a couple strands of thin ribbon and some feathers flaring out to the upper side, then pasted the rose on top.  I curled the ribbon using the side of scissors.
-Let it dry and go out!


No comments:

Post a Comment