These are the the best oatmeal raisin cookies I have had--so yummy, so soft, so perfect! And how can one not be happy when their apartment smells of freshly baked cookies? Wonderful on a cold, winter day.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening (I used butter)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Make sure you get some, because they don't last long!